Monday, April 23, 2012

Making Memories

The kids and I had the delight of going to BC for three weeks in March.  The ironic part was that we thought it would be good to go in March to get a break from the Ontario weather.  However, while we were there, Vancouver experienced below average temperatures while Toronto had a freak heat wave with temperatures in the 20s!  I would have to say though that I would trade the warmth and sunshine for grey skies and rain any day when it means getting to have wonderful visits with cherished family and friends.  Our first day back to Toronto was 24 C so that was a definite blessing in making the transition back to reality easier!
I was a little bit nervous about flying alone with three children but both flights went very well.  I must admit that Timbits are always an excellent 'incentive' for the boys to be on their best behaviour!



Celebrations
While we were in BC, we were lucky enough to enjoy lots of parties. 
Megan went to her first wedding which she thought was the best thing ever.
I thought she would just sleep through most of the reception but she was so excited by all of the action that she stayed awake most of the time.
(crazy party eyes!)

We got to celebrate my mom's birthday with our annual bowling party.  As always, great fun was had by all.

(getting a little help from Uncle Rich)


Grandma had lots of help opening her presents and blowing out her candle.

We also got to celebrate my Grandpa's 88th birthday!  My Grandpa has always lived in the same house (my dad was born there) so it was really neat for me to watch my boys play with the toys I played with when I was their age and gather around the same kitchen table to have birthday cake from 'Valley bakery' that I remember so fondly as a child.




Megan was also very lucky to have a baby shower when we were there. 



(she was a little worn out by the end)


Aside from the celebrations, our time was spent visiting with family and friends, which was wonderful. 




(cousins)


(Megan & Katie - 2nd generation best friends)


We miss everyone already but we have lots of great memories of our visit.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment