Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy 3rd birthday, cuddlebug

 
 
Yes, it's true.  My baby boy is 3.  He loves colouring, sports and helping me bake.  He is fiercely independent and insists on picking out his own clothes.  He is actually pretty good at coordinating his outfits.  One time Josh mused, 'I don't know how he does it'.  He has become quite the chatterbox and is convinced that dogs eat people.  Whenever he walks by a dog or shares the elevator with one, he always comments, 'look, the doggy didn't eat me'. 
Although he is growing up too quickly, he is still my cuddly one.  He lets me hold him like a baby and cuddle him and often will come over and give me a big hug, take my face in his hands and say 'I yuv you, mommy'.  Yes, it melts my heart everytime!

This birthday, we gave Owen the choice of having a party or going and staying at a hotel with a pool.  With some encouragement from Mike, Josh and I, he chose a hotel.  I thought we would just go to a hotel in Niagara Falls but then my brother was going on and on about their trip to the Great Wolf Lodge this summer and how much fun it was.  It got me thinking about going there because I knew it would be fabulous but it was so expensive for a Friday night that it was hard to justify.  Then, one of my daily deals had a deal for Great Wolf Lodge and I knew it was meant to be!  So, this past weekend, we went to the Great Wolf Lodge and had an amazing time.  It was worth every penny and we are all talking about the next time we go!
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome time! Happy birthday Owen! Love you guys...counting down until Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete