Friday, November 22, 2013

Changing seasons


Fall is one of my favourite seasons, especially with the start of a new school year and the beauty of the leaves changing colours. 


This fall is especially poignant for us as we reflect upon the 'changing season' of our life as we settle into our new home and new life here in Ottawa.  It is often strange and sad to think that we are settling 4500 km's from 'home'.   But, as I look at the thousands of beautiful leaves that literally surround me (thankfully, Mike bought a leaf blower), I am reminded that change can be beautiful.  Although I may at times find it difficult to comprehend this 'changing season' in our lives, I know that I am blessed by the beauty that surrounds me.

 
 
 
 
An extra blessing this fall was the amazing, +20 weather we had; we were still in our shorts and t-shirts in mid October.  It was a little strange to watch leaves fall and roses bloom in the same day.

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment