Sunday, May 15, 2011

A boy's dream come true

One day when I was driving around for work, I saw a sign for an open house at the recycling plant and I knew I had to mark the calendar to take Josh there.  Ever since he was little, one of his favourite things to do was to snuggle up with Grandpa C. and watch the Mighty Machines Recycling dvd.  Like most boys, he is fascinated with all things trucks, but he has always had a special place in his heart for recycling and garbage trucks.  One of the highlights of the week is when the recycling truck comes.  He gets giddy with excitement when we pass a recycling truck or garbage truck on the road.

We made it a family affair and decided to see if the recycling centre open house would live up to our expectations.  I must admit that a bit surprisingly, we were all impressed.  We got to have a tour of the plant and there were lots of fun activities to do.  We even got to go in the cab of the recycling truck which was super cool. 


When I asked Josh what his favourite part of the tour was, he said he liked seeing the big stacks of recycled materials.  Personally, I thought that was the most boring part but I guess for little boys, crushed up materials are pretty exciting!

The recycling plant open house scored an A+ with all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment