Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Goodbye summer, hello school

We spent the last weekend before school having fun in our own backyard. 

 We went for one last splash in the wading pool,

did some serious playing at the playground,

had an intense game of tag at Music Garden

and watched the airshow.

This year the first day of school was much different than any other.  No longer was I the only one in our house going back to school in September.  Josh started Junior Kindergarten (JK) and goes every afternoon. 
JK has been a big hit for Josh and after a week, the novelty hasn't worn off.  When I picked him up on his first day, he said to me 'I get to go to kindergarten everyday, right?'.  On the second day, he said to me 'thanks for signing me up for kindergarten', thinking that it's like soccer or swimming - too cute.
I'm loving hearing about his day and all the fun things he does each day.
(very proud of his new big boy backpack)

Only 6 weeks of school for me this year (or less if baby comes early)!


No comments:

Post a Comment