Friday, February 4, 2011

Brotherly love



When I was pregnant with Owen and found out he was a boy, lots of people felt bad for me because they thought I would want a girl.  To be honest though, I was super excited to be having another boy.  Not only did I have a ton of cute boy clothes that I could use again, but I thought it would be wonderful for Josh to have a brother.  And I was right.  It was love at first sight for Josh.  Right from the beginning, he was so in love with his baby brother.
 
It is neat to see how even though their personalities are so different, they still get along so well.  Josh is the cautious thinker while Owen is the daredevil doer.

They both love to sing, dance, play sports, laugh and just have fun together.  Joshua is getting to be so old now.  It made me sad the other day when I noticed him turn on the light switch without having to stand on the stool and next week I register him for junior kindergarten for September! 

Owen is growing everyday.  He is starting to talk and his favourite word to say is more, usually pertaining to food.  He also loves going out and he likes to bring his boots to us and say 'out'.
Josh is very proud of his 'baby brother' and loves to lead him around, holding his hand.  He is very protective of him already.  Owen looks up to Josh and unfortunately, he has already learned how to push his buttons by stealing toys that Josh is playing with.
I am thankful that these brothers love each other so much and have such fun together.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! We miss you guys! I was thinking about the cabin today...wish you were closer.

    ReplyDelete