Monday, January 24, 2011

Super Saturdays

I have been enjoying my Saturdays of late as they have consisted of two of my favourite things - family and free stuff!
I start my day out by heading up to the library for their MAP (museum and attractions pass) program.  You have to line up outside and at 9am, you are given a number.  It's first come, first served but atleast the cold weather is keeping a lot of people away so I don't need to get there until 8:45.  Besides, when you have kids, sleeping in no longer exists so it doesn't feel that early!  You get to choose a free family pass for various attractions throughout the city.  So far I have scored a pass to the Zoo and the Science Centre!  I think next week I am going to get a pass for the Casa Loma castle or maybe the Royal Ontario Museum - decisions, decisions!  Stay tuned to hear about all of the attractions we get to see.

(cuddling together before breakfast)

When I get home, we have a lovely breakfast of pancakes.  I don't think Josh has let one Saturday go by without us having pancakes.  He is all about routine and he knows that Saturday is always pancake day.  Josh has always helped me make the batter but now Owen feels that he is big enough to help out.  He even goes and drags the chair from the table over to the counter so that he doesn't miss out.



The final fabulous free family thing of the day is swimming lessons.  Last Saturday the boys started swimming lessons and they are really enjoying them so far.  I wasn't sure how Josh would do with being in the class for the first time without a parent but he was all over it.  The great thing is thanks to the city, the lessons are free!


(splashing daddy)
Not only are we getting the opportunity to take part in all of these great activities while we are here, but we get to do them for free!

1 comment:

  1. They are sooo cute! And free things are the best! I look forward to sharing in the Saturday morning pancakes soon! :)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete